RE: windows to linux via the internet

From: Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh] (aditya.deshmukh_at_online.gateway.technolabs.net)
Date: 02/14/04

    To: "Carl Holtje" <holtje@freeside.dnsalias.org>, "JM Fraser" <jmf@cybertrex.co.uk>, <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 06:42:54 +0530

    we do something simillar but with ssl

    > Lost with this one... you want to allow SSH connections from inside to
    > the outside, or you want your communications from Windows to the outside
    > to go through the linux box?

    i think he wants something that works now - ssh is out of question for the movement

    but you can set up ssl secured vpn and use the facilities provided by the win2k internal ipsec to achieve a simillar effect.

    maybe you should be looking for samba+openvpn combination or samba+freeswan combo

    freeswan http://freeswan.org
    openvpn http://openvpn.sf.net
    samba http://samba.org

    > There are a few projects that will do the later -- the Linux Router
    > Project [http://www.linuxrouter.org/] is one, and IP masquerading is
    > another (search at http://www.tldp.org/ for more)...
    >
    > Hope it helps..

    hope i pointed you in the right direction

    -aditya

    Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)