Re: windows to linux via the internet

From: Harry de Grote (harry_at_cc.kuleuven.ac.be)
Date: 02/13/04

    Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:29:29 +0100
    To: JM Fraser <jmf@cybertrex.co.uk>

    JM Fraser wrote:
    > I have various W32 clients that I want to connect to a Linux box. I am
    > looking for the following setup:
    >
    > Windows clients, users click on a drive mapping such as J: within
    > Windows Explorer and connect instantly to a Volume on the linux server,
    > via SSH via the internet.
    >
    > Can this be done?

    am i correct if i say that you want what you can do with kde's konqueror
    and fish?:

    http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/kio-fish

    but that for a windows client?

    anyway, i hape this helps you out

    --
    Harry de Grote
    aka Rik Bobbaers

    • RE: Two elementary questions on LANs
      ... Also, with linux clients on my dhcpd process, I get this line from linux ... Depending on the DHCP server, it may use the MAC plus some other ... server) is present in Windows clients leases, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: samba and big files question
      ... > windows box) through a linux box onto a webserver. ... approach is better if your data will be used infrequently by the clients. ... I would recommend that you investigate using rsync, ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Advanced Security Question
      ... The upgrade will probably include thin clients (getting ... linux image by TFTP) and wireless. ... We want to control all of the traffic on the network to the point and ... You corrupt the ARP tables of the remote machines ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Question About Setting Up Linux Workstation
      ... I've been using Linux as a multi-purpose OS on a single PC. ... several PCs that I need to setup in a client-server setting. ... I should merely have to setup the clients to access the ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: Linux is not free nor is it an overall improvement from Windows 2000.
      ... > systems with Linux. ... > client who happened to use IBM hardware. ... > has sullied our reputation somewhat with our clients. ...
      (alt.os.linux)