Re: windows to linux via the internet

From: Shane Williams (broot_at_ischool.utexas.edu)
Date: 02/12/04

    Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:39:52 -0600 (CST)
    To: Carl Holtje <holtje@freeside.dnsalias.org>

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Carl Holtje wrote:

    > JM Fraser wrote:
    > > I have various W32 clients that I want to connect to a Linux box. I am
    > > looking for the following setup:
    > >
    > > Windows clients, users click on a drive mapping such as J: within
    > > Windows Explorer and connect instantly to a Volume on the linux server,
    >
    > Samba will do this without any trouble...
    >
    > > via SSH via the internet.

    If I'm understanding correctly, he wants the samba traffic to be
    encrypted via a SSH tunnel. I've never done it myself, but here's a
    mini-HOWTO thanks to the LDP:

    http://www.ibiblio.org/gferg/ldp/Samba-with-SSH/Samba-with-SSH.html

    http://pgp.mit.edu/                |      System Admin - UT iSchool
    All syllogisms contain three lines |       broot@ischool.utexas.edu