Re: ClientAliveInterval question

From: Jason Parsons (jparsons3_at_mac.com)
Date: 02/06/04

    Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 21:59:43 -0500
    To: Darren Tucker <dtucker@zip.com.au>

    > The next release, however, will have a ssh_config option
    > "ServerAliveInterval". It's already in the development snapshots now.

    Perfect. What is the expectation for connecting to a non-OpenSSH
    server if the client has ServerAliveInterval set? Is keepalive support
    somehow negotiated at connection?

    Also, it would be nice to be able to set a ClientAliveInterval, but
    also set "ClientAliveCountMax 0". This would cause keepalives to be
    sent, but the session to never be torn down if keepalives aren't
    acknowledged (for interoperability with ssh clients that don't do
    keepalives correctly). The documentation is unclear on if this would
    work as I would hope. Does openssh already work this way, and if not,
    can this feature be added?

    Thank you.
      - Jason Parsons