Only password auth from unknown hosts?

al_list251_at_swiftdsl.com.au
Date: 02/05/04

    Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:04:46 +0800 (WST)
    To: "'Secure Shell List '" <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    Does anyone know how to configure an OpenSSH server to allow
    key based authentication only from hosts in the known_hosts
    file and password authentication from any other host?

    Thanks,

    Alvaro.

    • Re: IPTables rules and hosts that use DHCP
      ... of password authentication requests with all sorts of passwords and/or ... the rules blacklist hosts that attempt to ... have an IPTables rule that exempts some hosts from such constraints - ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: IPTables rules and hosts that use DHCP
      ... I also have an IPTables rule that exempts some hosts from such constraints - that is, SSH connections from such hosts are accepted at any connection rate. ... reconfiguring my SSH servers so that password authentication is not accepted is not an option. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: IPTables rules and hosts that use DHCP
      ... IPTables rule that exempts some hosts from such constraints - that is, ... servers so that password authentication is not accepted is not an option. ... Have ssh listening on another port usually keeps the script kiddies ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: IPTables rules and hosts that use DHCP
      ... to prevent script kiddies from hammering my servers with oodles ... of password authentication requests with all sorts of passwords and/or ... the rules blacklist hosts that attempt to ... Can you not tie down the DHCP so that it always comes up on the same ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Solved: Password authentication fails: SSH secure shell to openssh server -
      ... "password authentication yes" on the openssh server and restarting the ... Andrew Muller ...
      (SSH)