ClientAliveInterval question

From: Jason Parsons (jparsons3_at_mac.com)
Date: 02/04/04

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:24:29 -0500

    Howdy.

    I have a firewall that isn't being useful about keeping idle ssh
    sessions from expiring out of its state table. I have found that
    ClientAliveInterval on the server side fixes these timeouts. However,
    I don't have control over sshd on every system I login to. Is there a
    way for the ssh *client* to ask for a ClientAliveInterval to be set on
    a per-session basis, without having to edit sshd_config?

    Thank you.
      - Jason Parsons