ClientAliveInterval question

From: Jason Parsons (jparsons3_at_mac.com)
Date: 02/04/04

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:24:29 -0500

    Howdy.

    I have a firewall that isn't being useful about keeping idle ssh
    sessions from expiring out of its state table. I have found that
    ClientAliveInterval on the server side fixes these timeouts. However,
    I don't have control over sshd on every system I login to. Is there a
    way for the ssh *client* to ask for a ClientAliveInterval to be set on
    a per-session basis, without having to edit sshd_config?

    Thank you.
      - Jason Parsons

    • Re: Linksys router and AS/400-iSeries Client Access
      ... > 5250 sessions, and I have the same situation, even if I configure Mochasoft ... > connect to my network using VPN first, ... who responded asked why I was using a firewall if I'm ... I'm now connecting to a different business client ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Smart client - general data access best practice question
      ... Bandwidth usage is minimal - firstly the sessions are stateful so its only ... We are looking forward to playing with XAML - I believe the server could ... >> has a particular schema that the client understands. ...
    • Re: [PHP] Re: a question on session ID and security
      ... key to identify the users data, then get the "secondary hash key" from ... authenticate that client are stored on the client. ... accepting the one cookie without bothering to authenticate it in any way. ... Sessions should be use to... ...
      (php.general)
    • WCF in Windows application
      ... I want to use duplex Services because after establishing session between client and the service, in some cases service initiate data transfer. ... The problem is that such service have to have InstanceContextMode set to "Single" so it doesn't support sessions. ... how to implement sending data from application which hosts the WCF duplex service? ...
    • Re: Browser as Platform (was DesignBais - Impressive)
      ... storing state on the client -- will sessions be managed on the client, ... Given the security on ... trying to work without a Java app-server, like tomcat, on the server. ...
      (comp.databases.pick)