Re: SSH login delays

From: Steve Bonds (05gekfc02_at_sneakemail.com)
Date: 02/03/04

    Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:27:22 -0800 (PST)
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Javier Zayas javier_zayas-at-cuc.claremont.edu
    |secureshell@securityfocus.com| wrote:

    > Does anyone know why SSH would take approximately 40 seconds to connect
    > to a host? I've been using ssh for quite some time and recently, my
    > login delay has gone from a few seconds to approximately 40 seconds.
    > This is even for hosts that I have and have had a key for for quite some
    > time. Any help in tracking down issues with this would be appreciated.
    > Thanks!

    Javier:

    I seem to recall from some other posts from you on another list that you
    are running HP-UX 11.0. On our HP systems there were several commands in
    the /opt/ssh/etc/ssh_prng_cmds that had some significant delay on them.
    In particular:

    jstat
    df
    df -i
    sar -d
    ipcs -a

    Once these were removed, the ssh login process proceeded MUCH faster.

      -- Steve