FW: AIX and w

Rice.Dana_at_ic.gc.ca
Date: 01/30/04

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:49:38 -0500

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Darren Tucker [mailto:dtucker@zip.com.au]
    Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 3:10 PM
    To: Rice, Dana: #CIO-BPI
    Subject: Re: AIX and w

    Rice.Dana@ic.gc.ca wrote:
    > before posting this question I thought I would ask you. Have you had any
    AIX
    > user have a problem with the "w" command? As in it does appear to show
    > yourself as a user.

    In future, please post instead. The answer is then archived and
    available to others.

    If you run an sshd compiled on AIX 4 on AIX 5 then it will not correctly
    record wtmp (or utmp, I always forget which) entries. This is because
    IBM made incompatible changes between AIX 4 and 5.

    Make sure the sshd you run on AIX 5 was compiled on AIX 5.

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: OpenSSH, AIX and lastlog
      ... so we've never needed to load header files ... for it will always fail. ... Lastlog works fine for me on 3.5p1 on AIX 5.1. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: AIX 5.3 LDAP PAM PrivilegeSeperation
      ... It sounds like the LDAP PAM module is ... Note that last time I tried on AIX 5.2, ... I don't have access to AIX 5.3 or one using LDAP, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: OpenSSH 3.8p1 Privilege Separation and "connection closed" error at KEXINIT
      ... this error is happened with the test box only, which is AIX ... >4.3.3 ML10. ... >system libraries or so. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SSO and SAP with kerberos in AIX
      ... On AIX, lib*.a ... Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au) ... Good judgement comes with experience. ... Prev by Date: ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: lock user account on aix 4.3.3
      ... passwords expired longer than their maxexpired attribute. ... see the AIX section in README.platform. ... my expiry patches or precompiled packages (which support back to AIX ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.unix.aix)