RE: SSH problem. (fwd)

From: Chris Odell (chris_at_rsnnv.com)
Date: 01/27/04

    To: "'Maxwell Bottiger'" <sleepylight@jive-turkey.net>, <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:22:03 -0800

      Are you connecting from a COX Communications network? If so it is from
    there switchs and there is nothing you can do. This was a thread a couple of
    weeks ago.

    Chris Odell

    Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:07:18 -0500
    Subject: SSH problem.
    I'm connecting from home to work using ssh.  Nothing fancy.  But if I leave
    the connection open for more than 10 minutes without typing in it, I get:
    Read from remote host glowlight.stsci.edu: Connection reset by peer
    Connection to glowlight.stsci.edu closed.
    So I tried adding "KeepAlive yes" to my ssh config file and that doesn't
    appear to change anything.
    Do you guys have any ideas?
    -Margot

    • Re: What is The SSH?
      ... Building and Using SSH Tunnels ... What is an SSH tunnel? ... how to use it to make a connection to a server. ... You will need a working SSH client and server installation to build and test ...
    • Re: Problem connecting to SSH, OpenVMS7.3-2, HP TCP/IP v5.4 patched
      ... warning: Authentication failed. ... connection lost (Connection closed by remote host.). ... So, as you can see, I am trying to make an ssh connection with the ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: Remote Desktop Connection
      ... You can try a free two user version of SSL-Explorer to try it out. ... SSL-Explorer also supports a web based RDC and VNC access to desktop PCs on your network. ... OpenVPN is completely free like SSH. ... What if i have a linkys WiFi router, and does not have vpn feature, how could i secure the connection? ...
    • Re: Keeping OpenSSH connections alive
      ... The TCP connection is timing out, not the SSH session. ... You can then, reconnect to the backgrounded screen session, upon relogin. ...
      (SSH)
    • ssh connections hang; un-hang on subsequent connection
      ... I'm experiencing a strange problem with ssh connections to my ssh server ... I can make an initial connection to my ssh server fine. ... When I re-connect with ssh, the first session "thaws" and all ...
      (comp.security.ssh)