Re: password file syncing

From: Dominik Schleich (dsc_at_tpso.com)
Date: 01/27/04

    Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:45:49 +0100 (CET)
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    > I have two servers I need to keep the passwd and group files
    > in sync. I don't have access to an HA environment, as a
    > poor man's solution I was thinking of using rsync or rdist
    > over ssh to keep the password files in sync between two
    > servers. Anybody have any experience either positive or
    > negative doing something like this? Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jim

    think its better using ldap (perhaps via ssh) for such things.
    its much more flexible and its easier to expand, if you have more than 2
    hosts to manage in the future...

    • password file syncing
      ... I have two servers I need to keep the passwd and group files ... poor man's solution I was thinking of using rsync or rdist ... over ssh to keep the password files in sync between two ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: How To disable Time Synchronisation between Server 2003 (DC)
      ... service sync time using a hierarchy that eventually ends up with the AD ... What we do is run all machines with the time service set to NT5DS except the ... Because this is production servers, ...
    • Re: Is "The Cloud" Over-Hyped?
      ... yet the iCloud solution shoves everything on to Apple servers ... Abstractly no different than a local sync. ... But iCloud is missing some things and because of that and the fact that I just bought an el-cheapo Acer W7 laptop, I got to thinking and looking for ways to enhance the online experience. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Re: [opensuse] Here we go again!`
      ... What gives with the repo and access to the servers - is Novell trying to ... is it more ZMD fun again? ... I suspected it was a sync issue. ... I don't want a politician I can believe in. ...
      (SuSE)
    • ActiveSync Standard Setup with only 1 FE Exchange 2003 Server
      ... I am having a hard time getting my Windows Mobile Phone to sync ... OWA externally), and have checked the Exchange, OMA, Activesync virtual ... directories settings and compared the settings to one of our SBS 2003 Servers ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)