ssh statistics ? connection slows down !

From: Lars Bohnsack (
Date: 01/27/04

    Date: 27 Jan 2004 11:20:24 +0100

    Hello @ all,

    is it possible to have something like a real-time statistc about a ssh
    Something like:
            used bandwidth
            start of the session
            TX an RX of the session
            roundtrip times or something like that

    I have the problem that my connection slows down if the connection is
    established a long time!

    I use OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0.

    P.S.: excuse my bad english :o(
    Lars Bohnsack

    Häusler KG Systemhaus		Telefon:   +49 (7222) 90870
    Werkstrasse 15			Telefax:   +49 (7222) 908741
    76437 Rastatt			Durchwahl: +49 (7222) 908732

    • Re: What is The SSH?
      ... Building and Using SSH Tunnels ... What is an SSH tunnel? ... how to use it to make a connection to a server. ... You will need a working SSH client and server installation to build and test ...
    • Re: Problem connecting to SSH, OpenVMS7.3-2, HP TCP/IP v5.4 patched
      ... warning: Authentication failed. ... connection lost (Connection closed by remote host.). ... So, as you can see, I am trying to make an ssh connection with the ...
    • Re: Remote Desktop Connection
      ... You can try a free two user version of SSL-Explorer to try it out. ... SSL-Explorer also supports a web based RDC and VNC access to desktop PCs on your network. ... OpenVPN is completely free like SSH. ... What if i have a linkys WiFi router, and does not have vpn feature, how could i secure the connection? ...
    • Re: Keeping OpenSSH connections alive
      ... The TCP connection is timing out, not the SSH session. ... You can then, reconnect to the backgrounded screen session, upon relogin. ...
    • ssh connections hang; un-hang on subsequent connection
      ... I'm experiencing a strange problem with ssh connections to my ssh server ... I can make an initial connection to my ssh server fine. ... When I re-connect with ssh, the first session "thaws" and all ...