port forwarding

From: Payal Rathod (payal-ssh_at_staticky.com)
Date: 01/15/04

    Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:20:08 +0000
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi,
    A friend of mine and me are trying to use port forwarding so that I can
    use his server for browsing the net. He has Mandrake Linux, squid and ssh
    installed. We both are very fresh to ssh.
    His squid runs on port 3128.
    From my machine I did,
    ssh -2 -C -l payal -L 1080:127.0.0.1:3128 <ip>
    and logged to his machine. Then I fired up my browser and pointed the
    proxy to 127.0.0.1:1080. But when I type any URL I get in the windows
    where I had ssh running,
    channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection
    refused
    channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused
    channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused
    channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused

    What is wrong? I am using Mandrake 9.2. Thanks a lot and eagerly waiting
    for some input on this.

    With warm regards,
    -Payal

    --
    For GNU/Linux Success Stories and Articles visit:
              http://payal.staticky.com

    • problem with port forwarding
      ... I have following problem with ssh port forwarding: ... - when a connection is requested, a channel is opened and the daemon ... tries to establish connection on the server side. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Net::SSH expect like interface
      ... it could use the ssh channel interface directly and so not rely on a ... useful to delegate to the underlying socket, the ssh session, or the shell ... def initialize ... # just to return whatever data was sent so far, or nil if no data was ...
      (comp.lang.ruby)
    • X11 Forwarding problems without an interactive shell
      ... I saw a mention that using -x +x command switches with ssh ... In the successful case I notice there is a request of a shell ... debug2: channel 0: request pty-req confirm 0 ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Tru64 Unix v5.1B SSH2D chroot environment
      ... The ssh daemon that came with the system has this feature. ... I can only imagine that the client software is ... Opened channel for session ... debug1: ssh-userauth2 successful: method password ...
      (comp.unix.tru64)
    • Re: Trouble using VNC thru a ssh tunnel
      ... "work" using VNC through a ssh tunnel with port forwarding. ... > debug1: fd 8 setting TCP_NODELAY ... > debug1: channel 2: obuf empty ... > on both machines for a short period of time, ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)