RE: file permissions for new folder

From: Caron, Jim (Jim.Caron_at_bestwestern.com)
Date: 01/13/04

    Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:10:23 -0700
    To: "Elizabeth Wright" <eswright@email.unc.edu>, <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    It's probably the umask of the unix user you are logging in with. There
    is a default umask for the system, but it can be changed in the user's
    profile. Do a man page on the umask command...

    Are you using any Samba daemons in the process? That can also change
    the permissions. If that's the case, you can modify the smb.conf file
    to do what you want...