Re: using ssh in a clustered environment

From: Jim Prewett (download_at_hpc.unm.edu)
Date: 12/24/03

    Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:40:06 -0700 (MST)
    To: Ken.Simpson@marsh.com

    Hi,

    I run a 256 node cluster. We consider the cluster to be one machine and
    therefore give each host the same hostkey. There definantly would be the
    possibility of one machine playing the middleman, but realistically if you
    have root on one of them you will sooner or later have root on all of them
    anyway.... This setup also greatly simplifies key managment for us.

    hope this helps,
    Jim

    --
    James Prewett
    Systems Team Leader			Designated Security Officer

    • Re: NFS re-export
      ... >>>Lets say the mounting Linux host mentioned is hostA, ... it does now through hostA. ... That allows hostB to do precisely nothing that it can't do by ... >>issuing a remote shell command to hostA to access the file system. ...
      (comp.protocols.nfs)
    • Re: Multiple IP Addresses For Same Host in /etc/hosts
      ... > Can you have more than one address associated with a single host name ... > therefore multiple addresses: ... > 1.1.1.1 hostA ... of "hostA" and "hostB" will come out different, ...
      (comp.unix.admin)
    • Re: Multiple IP Addresses For Same Host in /etc/hosts
      ... > Can you have more than one address associated with a single host name ... > therefore multiple addresses: ... > 1.1.1.1 hostA ... of "hostA" and "hostB" will come out different, ...
      (comp.unix.questions)
    • Solaris 8 syslogd - remote logging
      ... I have 2 servers - hostA and hostB. ... host A sends a COPY of its system ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: [SLE] X gurus: Xlib:connection refused, invalid magic cookie
      ... HostA is a diskless client booting Solaris and X from the hostC OS ... a pure Cad application server (execution host). ... > Your steps make sense but, apparently, the host access control mechanism ...
      (SuSE)