RE: Send xterm to remote workstation with OpenSSH

From: BOURGUIGNON D DvSI/SNPI MTY (didier.bourguignon_at_francetelecom.com)
Date: 12/17/03

    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:02:34 +0100

      Thank you all for your help and sorry for my poor english. That why I haven't succeed to explain my needs.

      I would like to send to a co-worker who only have a WinBox with PuTTy and X11 server but not OpenSSH server a xterm.

     I think my problem has no solution because the remote workstation must have a OpenSSH server to use Tunneling in that direction.

    Cordialement
    Didier BOURGUIGNON

    Cordialement
    Didier BOURGUIGNON
    DSI/SNPI/DQS/MAS
    01.55.88.44.56
    06.86.49.32.38

    " Ce message et les documents joints sont proteges et confidentiels. Ils sont exclusivement destines aux personnes nommement visees ci-dessus.
    Toute autre personne ne peut copier et/ou communiquer a un tiers le present message et/ou les documents joints.

    This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the named recipient(s).
    The information contained therein may be confidential or privileged, and its
    disclosure or reproduction is strictly prohibited. If you are not the named recipient, please return it immediately to its sender at the above address
    and destroy it. "

    • Re: X Forwarding with telnet
      ... allow remote tcp conections (used by telnet forwarding). ... Open port 6000, ... Telnet forwarding must work restarting X system. ... Probe it (local user and remote user must be the same?). ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: PHP dynamic dns forwarding
      ... I am thinking of implementing a little dynamic dns service for my personal needs. ... It works fine for a simple forwarding to my Remotely Anywhere. ... Windows Remote Desktop uses port 3389. ... How could I achieve a forward to that port, assuming the request carries the port. ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: remote desktop (complex setup)
      ... using port forwarding on my router. ... was able to connect sucessfully from inside and outside my local network. ... Because I can only forward port 3389 to ... I am able to remote to the ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
    • PHP dynamic dns forwarding
      ... I am thinking of implementing a little dynamic dns service for my personal needs. ... It works fine for a simple forwarding to my Remotely Anywhere. ... Windows Remote Desktop uses port 3389. ... How could I achieve a forward to that port, assuming the request carries the port. ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: Send xterm to remote workstation with OpenSSH
      ... > ssh server on the remote workstation, ... If you want SSH remote port forwarding, ...
      (SSH)