Re: socklen_t on Solaris 9

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 12/13/03

    Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:35:05 +1100
    To: Giff Hammar <ghammar@comcast.net>

    Giff Hammar wrote:

    > I'm trying to compile openssh 3.7.1p2 on Solaris 9. During
    > configure, I get:
    >
    > checking for socklen_t... no
    > checking for socklen_t equivalent... configure: error: Cannot find
    > a type to use in place of socklen_t
    [snip]
    > configure:11837: conflicting types for `getpeername'
    > /usr/include/sys/socket.h:449: previous declaration of `getpeername'
    [snip]
    > int getpeername (int, void *, unsigned long *);

    This test code appears to be generated by autoconf's TYPE_SOCKLEN_T.
    3.7.1p2 was built with (patched) autoconf 2.52 for various reasons.

    You could try a configure rebuilt with the latest autoconf (2.58), such
    as this one:
    http://www.zip.com.au/~dtucker/tmp/configure-ac258.gz

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: SMSM - PS2 trade value
      ... In message, Lister writes ... slightly better judgement than usual? ...
      (uk.games.video.misc)
    • Re: Two pounds a day
      ... > a judgement, you really should seek help at your earliest opportunity. ... >> And so you choose to continue to bear false witness. ... It was my choice to embellish the <snip>. ... Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD ...
      (sci.med)
    • Re: Two pounds a day
      ... > a judgement, you really should seek help at your earliest opportunity. ... >> And so you choose to continue to bear false witness. ... It was my choice to embellish the <snip>. ... Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD ...
      (sci.med.cardiology)
    • Re: "London G20 demo: Met Police kettling not justified"
      ... Doug wrote: ... <SNIP> ... you think about the finding that police 'kettling not justified'? ... bound to be times when a particular action is found to be unjustified in particular circumstances because it's always a matter of judgement. ...
      (uk.legal)
    • Re: Error on Relinat Unix - no controlling terminal
      ... >could not set controlling tty: ... Mailing list thread, including patch: ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)