Re: how to copy filename with spaces using scp

From: John Davidorff Pell (johnpell_at_mac.com)
Date: 12/13/03

    Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 18:29:27 -0800
    To: Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com>

    You njeed to "double\ quote" the file name, i.e.

    scp "file\ name\ with\ spaces.txt" remote:/tmp

    hope this helps,
    JP

    --
    "... was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort-of Sun-God
    robes, on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing

    • Re: 9/11 was an inside job.
      ... A quote from Rowdy Roedy's fantasy page: ... A Prophetic Dream ... airliner flying through a glass office tower and emerging the other ... a shadow of an airliner passes over the TransAmerica building. ...
      (rec.aviation.military)
    • Re: LSD
      ... </op quote> ... it is a dream of human beings to build machines that _don't_ behave ...
      (comp.databases.oracle.server)
    • Re: File names to Word ?
      ... > Here's the batch file..drop this in a notepad document and change file ... > Now open the command prompt, and browse to where your new batch file ... These fancies arise in the soul, ... is but a dream within a dream. ...
      (alt.os.windows-xp)
    • Re: Ending processes from the command line
      ... > Windows-based command line. ... These fancies arise in the soul, ... is but a dream within a dream. ...
      (alt.os.windows-xp)
    • Re: What Did You Watch? 2012-05-24 (Thursday) SPOILERS for AWAKE
      ...   The episode's name and the quote ... esoteric a quote? ... this may not be a third dream but only a dream within ... this is the "middle" interpretation - not as ...
      (rec.arts.tv)