Re: Send xterm to remote workstation with OpenSSH

From: security (security_at_kalamiteit.nl)
Date: 12/11/03

    Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:55:33 +0100
    To: binarym@psycho-hazard.net, secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi
    i have gotten X forwarding to work in windows and in linux, with both
    you need to have X forwarding enabled in your sshd_config!
    in windows i used x-win32 or winaxe config, and on linux i was used to
    use Xnest (installed on the server ) "
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~crocco/x-forwarded.txt " < this will help you
    through.
    cheers,
    Amine

    binarym@psycho-hazard.net wrote:

    >Le Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 04:26:19PM +0100, BOURGUIGNON D DvSI/SNPI MTY a ?crit:
    >

    >> Hello world,
    >>
    >> I'm using PuTTy and SSH on Unices.
    >>
    >> I would like to do with ssh the same thing that :
    >>
    >> $ export DISPLAY=Remote_Workstation
    >> $ xterm
    >>
    >> So after searching in FAQs, on the Web, on the O'Reilly SSH Book, I haven't found the answer.
    >>
    >> I had tried (from the server) to use port forwarding but :
    >>
    >> $ ssh -R 6000:locahost:5555 10.xxx.xxx.xxx
    >>
    >> send me an error :
    >>
    >> ssh: connect to address 10.xxx.xxx.xxx port 22: Connection refused
    >>
    >> which, if we see closer, is logical. There is no ssh server on the remote workstation, only a ssh client.
    >>
    >> If someone can help me ?
    >>
    >>Cordialement
    >>Didier
    >>

    >Hello Didier,
    >
    > I have never tried X Forwarding but, have a look at the ssh man page,
    >ther a paragraph called X11 and TCP Forwarding ( look at option -X ).
    >You must take care that X Forwarding is authorized on the sshd config file.
    >
    >Best Regards,
    >G?rald Colangelo

    • Re: Schadsoftware =?UTF-8?B?ZsO8cg==?= Linux?
      ... Die Debian SSH Panne hatte *nichts* mit absichtlicher Malware zu tun. ... Mit Verlaub, was du hier tust ist unredlich, indem du mir Argumente ... Linux sei genauso _unsicher_ wie Windows (und ich kann ... absichern wie ein beliebiges Linux). ...
      (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
    • Re: Linux client in Windows Domain (Security Advice)
      ... I have a windows environment and all clients are XP controled with strict ... Server Messaging Security for SMB looking after our network. ... certainly couldn't stop a malicious Linux user. ... SSH access to this machine from outside. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: SSH newby question
      ... Since I need to move files from Linux ... box to Windows, it looks like I will not be able to use PLink since ... Where can I get a Windows ssh server (it pretty much has to ... > directory as needed as well as the known_hosts and authorized keys ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Secure Tunneling to Linux
      ... Linux ssh command line. ... On the server side for Windows hosts, which do not have built-in sshd ...
      (comp.databases.pick)
    • Re: Windows, Linux, The Debate: which is best?
      ... I love my Linux programs, ... Windows for my college studies. ... >> monkeys, database servers for the DB geeks, web ... >> maintenance via an ssh connection. ...
      (Ubuntu)