Send xterm to remote workstation with OpenSSH

From: BOURGUIGNON D DvSI/SNPI MTY (didier.bourguignon_at_francetelecom.com)
Date: 12/11/03

    To: "'SSH List'" <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:26:19 +0100

      Hello world,

      I'm using PuTTy and SSH on Unices.

      I would like to do with ssh the same thing that :

      $ export DISPLAY=Remote_Workstation
      $ xterm

      So after searching in FAQs, on the Web, on the O'Reilly SSH Book, I haven't found the answer.

      I had tried (from the server) to use port forwarding but :

      $ ssh -R 6000:locahost:5555 10.xxx.xxx.xxx

      send me an error :

      ssh: connect to address 10.xxx.xxx.xxx port 22: Connection refused

      which, if we see closer, is logical. There is no ssh server on the remote workstation, only a ssh client.

      If someone can help me ?

    Cordialement
    Didier

    • Re: Safest way of accessing a home computer from outside?
      ... what if I my router doesent have a public IP ... use for ssh is forwarded to your ssh server. ... You can find Hamachi at ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Setting up SSH on Snow Leopard
      ... a Terminal window on the Mac and try "ssh localhost". ... authentication methods, and is either of those preferred from a security ... the most secure configuration will offer the least amount ... If you want to harden your SSH server, ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Re: Safest way of accessing a home computer from outside?
      ... what if I my router doesent have a public IP ... I agree - ssh with no password and then use certificates to ... use for ssh is forwarded to your ssh server. ... You can find Hamachi at ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: GSSAPI auth and NAT Problems
      ... The first named alias is used for your ticket generation. ... kerberos server and the ssh server I want to connect to are behind a nat. ... Port forwads are done by iptables on my virtual-machine-host. ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)