problems with openssh 3.7.1p2 on AIX 4.3.3

From: Alexander Peuchert (Alexander.Peuchert_at_deutsche-boerse.com)
Date: 12/10/03

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:47:54 +0100

    Hi,
    I searched the mailinglists and googled for this problem, but had no luck. So I
    hope that someone here knows a solution.

    I have to change the sshd daemon on two AIX 4.3.3 machines from a ssh.com
    version to openssh3.7.1p2. The openssh daemon runs fine and I can log in, but
    when I do a 'su' inside a openssh session I get an error. The error is below:

    $ su
    Password:
    You entered an invalid login name or password.
    3004-501 Cannot su to "root" : Authentication is denied.

    I already had a look at the su account. It's neither expired nor looked. And if
    I reuse the ssh.com daemon, the 'su' works.

    As me not being an AIX expert I'm quite stuck here...

    thanks for your help, Alexander

    --
    Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
    Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte