Public keys together with PAM

david_at_hajek.net
Date: 12/08/03

    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 17:34:20 +0100

    Hello,

    I see that OpenSSH does not consider PAM when users are using public keys.
    Is this normal? Imagine I want
    to have server with exported home directories (samba) and want only several
    users (pam_list_file) to be able to
    connect via SSH with pubkey auth. My experience is that when I allow to use
    public key auth in sshd_config, create and configure pam_list_file for
    several users only (in PAM), ALL users can still login when they upload
    .ssh/* keys to the server via samba.

    What is the suggested configuration for this scenario? Is this feature or
    bug?

    I'm running RH 7.2 + openssh-server-3.1p1-14

    Thanks,
    David