RE: ssh connection is slow

From: Woodson, Michael A. (woodsonm_at_umsystem.edu)
Date: 12/03/03

    Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:29:16 -0600
    To: "Asif Iqbal" <iqbala@qwestip.net>, <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    Force a umount of the nfs filesystem.

    Mike

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Asif Iqbal [mailto:iqbala@qwestip.net]
    Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 2:00 PM
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Subject: ssh connection is slow

    Hi all

    I have a machine running OpenSSH 2.5.2p2 and for last couple hours one of the
    nfs mount stopped responding, due to an outage. Ever since then I am seeing a
    long....long... delay while trying to ssh to that machine. (Still working on
    the outage.)

    Here is the relevant sshd debug output on the server

    debug1: Entering interactive session.
    debug1: fd 9 setting O_NONBLOCK
    debug1: fd 10 IS O_NONBLOCK
    debug1: server_init_dispatch_13
    debug1: server_init_dispatch_15
    debug3: tvp!=NULL kid 0 mili 10
    debug3: tvp!=NULL kid 0 mili 10
    debug3: tvp!=NULL kid 0 mili 10
    debug3: tvp!=NULL kid 0 mili 10
    debug3: tvp!=NULL kid 0 mili 10
    debug3: tvp!=NULL kid 0 mili 10
    debug3: tvp!=NULL kid 0 mili 10
    debug3: tvp!=NULL kid 0 mili 10

    Any suggestion/direction would be greatly appreciated

    --
    Asif Iqbal
    http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8B686E08

    • RE: ssh connection is slow
      ... CDE session startup under Solaris if NFS is used and not responding. ... debug3: tvp!=NULL kid 0 mili 10 ...
      (SSH)
    • ssh connection is slow
      ... nfs mount stopped responding, due to an outage. ... debug3: tvp!=NULL kid 0 mili 10 ...
      (SSH)