scp from openssh -> ssh.com?

From: Robert Khachikyan (rkhachik_at_sdsio.jpl.nasa.gov)
Date: 11/27/03

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: 27 Nov 2003 11:24:19 -0800

    Hi,

    I searched the archive and didn't find any useful info,
    so here it goes...(apologies if this thread existed & I couldn't find
    it)

    I'm testing two platforms which one has ssh.com(3.2.2)
    & the other openssh(3.5p1)..which supports ssh protocols 1.5/2.0

    I created 1024 bit dsa encryption keys to make the ssh seamless
    with the machines....& it worked... I can ssh from openssh
    to ssh.com machine w/o passwd. However, scp'ing a file from
    openssh -> ssh.com machine give a problem...
    it complains that scp1 is not in my path...all i can say is aaaahhhh!!!!

    I know if I do rsa encryption my problem will be resolved, but I want
    to stick with dsa. + i don't want to go into the openssh code to
    figure it out, unless if someone has "already invented the wheel".

    Any suggestions?
    ThanX!

    As Always,
    ...Robert
    BTW, Happy Thanksgiving!

    • Re: Recent OpenSSH releases not reading .bashrc for ssh commands
      ... their .bashrc will no longer get them without engaging in..... ... ssh can invoke bash without it then reading .bashrc. ... which svn", the .bashrc is no longer read. ... you're on RHEL 5, you've installed an updated OpenSSH, and you try to ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: two SSH compatibility scenarios: can it work?
      ... We are required to use SSH to log into the Engineering lab machines. ... > server software displays this header upon telnet connection to port 22. ... I still use Windows on my notebook for application compatibility. ... > running OpenSSH 3.4p1. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
      ... deployment on a Windows network. ... Does this mean that you are setting SSH port forwarding ... does not provide the other side with either a Kerberos ticket, ... We're focusing on the OpenSSH for Windows distribution. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: [openssh-unix-announce] Re: Upcoming OpenSSH vulnerability (fwd)
      ... Is OpenSSH 3.3 now part of the base system? ... older versions of ssh are vulnerable or not. ... I have to say that I side with Theo here: ... we wouldn't need OpenSSH. ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: SSH2 and ZSH
      ... implementation of SSH that is not present in the BSD standard OpenSSH. ... That said it would sound to me like you have a path problem not and SSH ... FreeBSD installs ping by default in /sbin and a ... > I recently installed FreeBSD 5.4 on a new server.everything is smooth and ...
      (freebsd-questions)