Re: ssh read password from stdin

From: Popeanga Marian (pmarian_at_cnlo.ro)
Date: 11/21/03

    Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:21:40 +0200
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

            Hello Guys,

                       Let me make more clear about the issues with ssh and
    the posible solutions. I am working on a multiplatform database
    application written in Qt/C++ witch will need tunneling suport and
    remote execution throught ssh. From what i was read from you this are
    the posible solutions:

    1. Using ssh-agent as Wilson and Duncan sugested.
            I am still investigating this metod. From what i was reading
    about ssh-agent i will come into further issues because i will have to
    run more processes with the main applications. The application need to
    use the same on Linux, Mac and Windows. For porting ssh on windows i
    was thinking to use cygwin lib.

    2. Using public keys as Ball and John sugested.
       This sounds the more eligible metod right now.

    3. Using expect. as Braden suggested:
          This sounds interesting bu i don't know anything about it. Can
    this be used from C/C++ ?

    4. Using ssh with password
              For using this approch i have only control to stdin and
    stdout of the process (ssh ). And here i came into issue since ssh
    doesn't accept passwords on stdin.

    If something like that in bash(csh ) will work i will have the issue
    solved: echo password | ssh name@exemple.com

    Thanks,
    /Marian

    >Hello all,
    >
    > I am working on a software witch needs to create a tunnel with ssh.
    >The ssh connection will be lunched as a separate process from the main
    >application. I need to be able to send the password to stdin.
    >How can i workaround this issue, thinking from a programmer perspective ?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >/Marian

    • Re: ssh read password from stdin
      ... > the posible solutions. ... Using ssh-agent as Wilson and Duncan sugested. ... > use the same on Linux, Mac and Windows. ... For porting ssh on windows i was ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
      ... >> ssh -L) ... JM> in seperate DOS console windows in this order: ... I'm using the 3.8 version of OpenSSH. ... >> Kerberos ticket, or your password in order to acquire one. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
      ... >> ssh -L) ... JM> in seperate DOS console windows in this order: ... >> Kerberos ticket, or your password in order to acquire one. ... JM> We're focusing on the OpenSSH for Windows distribution. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: FC6 VPN
      ... Then you can run any application you would like off the server by simply running it, or if you want to run a whole session, use gnomesession. ... ssh client that supports X forwarding, which is want you want to be looking at. ... SSH allows you to forward any local port to any remote port. ... If you need to connect to, say a windows share, you would forward your local port to the linux server through the ssh tunnel. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
      ... deployment on a Windows network. ... Does this mean that you are setting SSH port forwarding ... does not provide the other side with either a Kerberos ticket, ... We're focusing on the OpenSSH for Windows distribution. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)