Re: what do I do?

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 11/14/03

    Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 08:36:11 +1100
    To: "Gurgul, Dennis J." <DGURGUL@PARTNERS.ORG>

    "Gurgul, Dennis J." wrote:
    > I'm getting the message below after re-installing openssh rpms on a Linux
    > cluster. The last time this happened I just deleted my .ssh/known_hosts file
    > and then connecting to the nodes went back to normal. But this message persists
    > in coming up each time I connect. Can someone tell me what to do to make these
    > computers stop thinking there's a security problem? Do I delete an /etc/ssh
    > file or something? Thanks.

    [snip key mismatch error]
    > Offending key in /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts:2

    The message tells you which line of which file has the key that doesn't
    match. Just delete that line (in your case, that's line 2 of
    /etc/ssh/ssh_known hosts).

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: Maybe bug in openssh??
      ... >Now i can't connecting to linux a i get message ... >I must kill this proceses. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: windows update question
      ... >>> Good judgement comes from experience. ... >> hey steve, ... > Find a couple of gig free on your drive and install Linux on it. ... i've spent most of this afternoon researching windows security,(or lack ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Vista licence: punishment for frequent upgraders?
      ... same stupid drivel over and over. ... If people like Linux, they like Linux. ... If they like Windows, they like ... Unfortunately a lot of that comes from bad judgement. ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
    • Re: Ssh hangs after authentication
      ... > I'm having trouble with openssh when connecting from my Mac OS X ... Different network parameters on each box (eg interface MTU, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: takes longer and longer for next prompt to come with every unsuccessful login attempt
      ... > with FreeBSD and the default set up with FreeBSD was that if you try to ... Most Linux distros build sshd with PAM, so you'll need to configure PAM ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)