/etc/security/lastlog not updated

bbaer_at_csc.com.au
Date: 11/13/03

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:41:42 +1100

    Security auditing has led us to find that on older AIX systems, accessing
    the system via ssh does NOT result in /etc/security/lastlog being updated.
    We have about 40 systems where this is a problem; a typical one has levels:
    iswhbfocd# oslevel
    4.2.1.0
    iswhbfocd# ssh -V
    OpenSSH_3.6.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090701f
    *
    Can anyone point me to where/how I can enable logging to
    lastlog? In later systems I can see a stanza in sshd.config:
    *
    PrintLastLog yes
    # Specifies whether sshd should print the date and time when the
    # user last logged in. The default is ``yes''.
    *
    Is this relevant?
    Any comments would be appreciated.
    Regards, Bernie.