Re: Problem with host-based authentication

From: px (px_at_zeroday.net)
Date: 11/09/03

    Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 12:26:34 -0800 (PST)
    To: Mats-Ove Fant <Mats-Ove.Fant@consafeinfotech.com>

    Try:

    ssh -v -v hostname

    and then send the output.

    Also, check your hosts.allow/deny files.

    On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Mats-Ove Fant wrote:

    #Hi,
    #
    #For some reason 2 out of 3 logins from a client to a server fails with the following message.
    #
    #ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
    #
    #We cannot see any pattern to failed logins. We run 'ssh server-name' a number of times after each other, and 2 out 3 fails on host-based authentication. If we remove host-based authentication there are no problems (gets a prompt every time).
    #
    #Any ideas?
    #
    #Client version:
    #openssh-3.5p1-1
    #openssh-server-3.5p1-1
    #openssh-clients-3.5p1-1
    #
    #Server version:
    #openssh-3.5p1-1
    #openssh-server-3.5p1-1
    #openssh-clients-3.5p1-1
    #
    #Regards,
    #Mats-Ove
    #
    #Mats-Ove Fant
    #Consafe Infotech ÍST AB Mobile: +46 708 403 719
    #Isafjordsgatan 21 Phone: +46 8 448 07 85
    #SE-16440 KISTA
    #Sweden
    #mailto:Mats-Ove.Fant@consafeinfotech.com
    #http://www.consafeinfotech.com/