Re: Restricting SCP2/SFTP access to Unix

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 11/08/03

    Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 10:34:26 +1100
    To: fahroe@fahroe.com

    Fahroe Ibrahim wrote:
    > I would like to know if it is possible to restrict user from doing SCP2/SFTP
    > to a server, but still allowing him to do SSH to the same server.
    > If it is, where can I configure it?

    You could fiddle with the permissions of the scp and sftp server binaries
    but it wouldn't stop people a) installing their own copies or b)
    transferring files with ssh directly, eg "ssh somehost cat
    /some/remote/file >localfile".

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.