Solved: Problem with X11 forwarding.

From: Steven W. Orr (steveo_at_syslang.net)
Date: 11/03/03

    Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:38:45 -0500 (EST)
    To: ssh list <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    On Sunday, Nov 2nd 2003 at 22:11 -0500, quoth Steven W. Orr:

    =>For some reason my X11 forwarding seems to be busted.
    =>
    =>openssh-3.7.1p1-1 on a Red Hat 9 system
    =>
    =>Here's the relevant stuff from my /etc/sshd_config file:
    =>
    =>#GatewayPorts no
    =>X11Forwarding yes
    =>#X11Forwarding no
    =>#X11DisplayOffset 10
    =>#X11UseLocalhost yes
    =>
    =>What else do I need to do?
    =>

    I'm really stumped here. After I enabled it as described above I did a
    restart on the server and there was no change. service sshd restart

    Then I decided to shut the server down and do a start. No change.
    service sshd stop
    service sshd start

    This morning I ssh'd into my box and X11Forwarding is now working like a
    champ. No clue why it now works or why it didn't before. I suspect my
    vendor sold me some non-deterministic ram and processors. :-(

    --
    -Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
    -happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ
    steveo at syslang.net