Re: extra password protection idea.

From: Peteris Krumins (newsgroups_at_lf.lv)
Date: 11/02/03

    Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 13:32:39 +0200
    To: "Brian Akey" <bakey@traq.com>

    BA> I had an idea where you time each keystroke of the password and make a fingerprint of the password entry. I found that the time between each keystroke is pretty consistent. I thought it might be
    BA> an extra level of protect if openssh could use such a technique. I could give you my password but you still wouldn't be able to get into my account. It could be a option for the extra secure
    BA> accounts.

    Paranoid security.

    The time between each keystroke for me is different on each keyboard
    because of the location of the keys. On one keyboard special symbols
    like |\/<> are located elswhere. If my fingers dont know where those
    keys are I cant login as quickly. Also most of the password are typed
    subconscionesly, only the fingers know the password.

    For me a bright example is loggin onto the servers at data-center
    where each of the keyboards have different layout for some keys.

    P.Krumins

    • OT: Update on the etni keyboard
      ... Only about 26% of average text is typed from the home keys of a qwerty ... keyboard, it is much easier to learn. ... the same fingers and feel very natural. ...
      (sci.physics.relativity)
    • Re: OT: Typing - Touch Typing vs. Two-fingered Typing, "To Peek or Not to Peek"
      ... you at least have the letters on the keys to fall ... ten fingers to be used, you're going to have to get into at least ... expect on a keyboard. ...
      (alt.usage.english)
    • OT: a more economical keyboard
      ... Aset keyboard ... Only about 26% of average text is typed from the home keys of a qwerty ... the same fingers and feel very natural. ...
      (sci.econ)
    • Re: Yamaha P60 vs. Casio Privia PX110?
      ... > Personally, I think that the non-weighted keys are easier to play, ... For someone who hasn't ever played a piano, ... weighted keyboard or real piano, and the latter will amost certainly be ... > Tires your fingers out and can lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome too. ...
      (rec.music.makers.piano)
    • OT: Programming a better keyboard
      ... Aset keyboard ... Only about 26% of average text is typed from the home keys of a qwerty ... the same fingers and feel very natural. ...
      (comp.programming)