Re: extra password protection idea.

From: Peteris Krumins (newsgroups_at_lf.lv)
Date: 11/02/03

    Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 13:32:39 +0200
    To: "Brian Akey" <bakey@traq.com>

    BA> I had an idea where you time each keystroke of the password and make a fingerprint of the password entry. I found that the time between each keystroke is pretty consistent. I thought it might be
    BA> an extra level of protect if openssh could use such a technique. I could give you my password but you still wouldn't be able to get into my account. It could be a option for the extra secure
    BA> accounts.

    Paranoid security.

    The time between each keystroke for me is different on each keyboard
    because of the location of the keys. On one keyboard special symbols
    like |\/<> are located elswhere. If my fingers dont know where those
    keys are I cant login as quickly. Also most of the password are typed
    subconscionesly, only the fingers know the password.

    For me a bright example is loggin onto the servers at data-center
    where each of the keyboards have different layout for some keys.

    P.Krumins