Re: sftp limit directory

From: markus (mr_at_lists.notified.de)
Date: 10/30/03

    Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:31:52 +0100
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Moin,

    Galen Johnson <gjohnson@trantor.org> wrote:
    > TJ (the maintainer) has one at http://www.castaglia.org/proftpd/ along
    > with many other how-tos...and let's not forget the mailing list and main
    > website.

    There's a really short mini-howto for FTP over SSH, but it's a start :)

    What I'd like to accomplish is that both connections are encrypted, not only
    the control connection. Seems to be tricky...

    I subscribed to proftp's user-list. I'd like to keep proftp, using it
    for quite a while now.

    What kind of tools could I use to check if a connection is encrypted? Setup:
    LAN, 2 machines, 1 linux server running SuSE 8 (latest OpenSSH/OpenSSL) and 1
    win2k/linux client running Debian Woody.

    I've got root access to the machines in question.

    • Re: Connection reset by peer errors
      ... Ahhh..so perhaps we should look closer at your iis website config. ... Take a look at your IIS Connection Timeout setting... ... do need FTP running. ...
    • Re: Not able to Ftp
      ... I was also looking at the missing challenge from the local security. ... Subject: Not able to Ftp ... 220 Connection will close if idle for more than 5 minutes. ... Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: Not able to Ftp
      ... Subject: Not able to Ftp ... I have executed the given command: the output are as below: ... connection. ... Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • RE: Telnet/ftp problems SBS2000
      ... Please make sure your client computers are configured as both Firewall ... will find two options "Enable folder view for FTP sites" and "Use Passive ... that the control connection has been successfully established, ... (other than port 21) ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: IPSwitch, Inc. WS_FTP Server
      ... > bounce attack as well as PASV connection hijacking. ... > The FTP bounce vulnerability allows a remote attacker to cause the ... > anonymously along with any internal addresses that the FTP server has ... That means it's got to handle a PORT ...
      (Bugtraq)