Re: sftp limit directory

From: markus (mr_at_lists.notified.de)
Date: 10/30/03

    Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:31:52 +0100
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Moin,

    Galen Johnson <gjohnson@trantor.org> wrote:
    > TJ (the maintainer) has one at http://www.castaglia.org/proftpd/ along
    > with many other how-tos...and let's not forget the mailing list and main
    > website.

    There's a really short mini-howto for FTP over SSH, but it's a start :)

    What I'd like to accomplish is that both connections are encrypted, not only
    the control connection. Seems to be tricky...

    I subscribed to proftp's user-list. I'd like to keep proftp, using it
    for quite a while now.

    What kind of tools could I use to check if a connection is encrypted? Setup:
    LAN, 2 machines, 1 linux server running SuSE 8 (latest OpenSSH/OpenSSL) and 1
    win2k/linux client running Debian Woody.

    I've got root access to the machines in question.