RE: problems with sftp on Tru64

From: Pablo Endres (Pablo_Endres_at_digitel.com.ve)
Date: 10/24/03

    Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:30:42 -0400
    To: "Darren Tucker" <dtucker@zip.com.au>

    I've proceded with the upgrade to 3.7.1p2 but the problem is still present.

    I tryed running the sftp-server alone as you sugested and I get the same
    output:
    $ /usr/local/libexec/sftp-server
    help
    bad message

    I recompiled using the flag but I don't get any adicional output.

    At the moment this is my configure line:
    ./configure --with-gcc --with-rand-helper --with-tcp-wrappers --with-rsh=/usr/bin/rsh \
    --prefix=/usr/security/openssh --with-prngd-socket=/var/tmp/s.prngd --with-cflags=-DDEBUG_SFTP_SERVER

    I found out that using WinScp 3 I can connect to my servers (only by scp, not sftp - By the way it's
    more that I cant do with my unix client [sad but true]).

    Any other ideas on what could be wrong??

    Thanks in advance
    Pablo

    Pablo Endres wrote:
    > I've been trying to make sftp work with OpenSSH_3.5p1 on my tru64 4.0G server.

    [snip]
    > debug1: session_input_channel_req: session 0 req subsystem
    > subsystem request for sftp
    > debug1: subsystem: exec() /usr/security/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
    > debug1: fd 9 setting O_NONBLOCK
    > debug2: fd 9 is O_NONBLOCK
    > debug1: Received SIGCHLD.

    It looks like sftp-server is dying immediately for some reason. Try
    running it directly and see if there's a library problem or it core dumps
    or something, eg this proves sftp-server will at least run: