Re: SFTP server on windows

From: Gareth Evans (gareth.evans_at_gamer.tv)
Date: 10/22/03

    To: "Alvin Wong" <alvin.wong@b2b.com.my>, <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:39:32 +0100

    This may help,

    http://tech.erdelynet.com/cygwin-sshd.html

    Gareth

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Alvin Wong" <alvin.wong@b2b.com.my>
    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 11:51 AM
    Subject: SFTP server on windows

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a freeware windows based sftp server that is capable of
    > transferring files which are upwards of 100MB, can anyone recommend some
    > links or software names which i can explore?
    > I'm thinking of using openssh on windows but i have not been able to get
    > it to work functioning as a ssh server, it works well as a client
    > though.
    > Also, what are the performance decreases transferring via sftp compared
    > to ftp? Would there be a problem transferring huge files? I'm not
    > looking for a scp solution but rather an alternative to using ftp and
    > doing it securely.
    >
    > --
    > Thanks and Regards,
    > Alvin Wong

    • RE: SFTP server on windows
      ... How about OpenSSH for Windows? ... Subject: SFTP server on windows ... what are the performance decreases transferring via sftp compared ...
      (SSH)
    • SFTP server on windows
      ... I'm looking for a freeware windows based sftp server that is capable of ... transferring files which are upwards of 100MB, ... what are the performance decreases transferring via sftp compared ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: SFTP server on windows
      ... Subject: SFTP server on windows ... I'm thinking of using openssh on windows but i have not been able to get ... what are the performance decreases transferring via sftp compared ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Whats the best way to transfer from existing PC to new one?
      ... gazb Wrote:- ... machine runs Windows XP & for definite the old one is XP SP2. ... actual Windows XP and other software installation media - they would be able ... Transferring applications is not something most recommend. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
    • Re: Transfer of XP Pro License to New Computer
      ... Windows XP stays on the same computer there's no problem. ... End User License Agreement. ... As for transferring settings, there is the Files and Settings ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)