Re: shell access

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 10/09/03

    Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 11:08:24 +1000
    To: shawn jing <sjcubehead@yahoo.com>

    shawn jing wrote:
    > how can I set up ftp accounts for certain users so that they can only
    > have ftp access using sftp, but not shell access? or is this even possible?

    You don't specify which SSH server you're using, but here's one for
    OpenSSH:

    http://www.pizzashack.org/rssh/

    "rssh is a restricted shell for use with OpenSSH, allowing only scp and/or
    sftp. For example, if you have a server which you only want to allow users
    to copy files off of via scp, without providing shell access, you can use
    rssh to do that."

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.