Re: how to configure ssh 3.7.1p2 to use openssl 0.9.7c

From: Tim Greer (chatmaster_at_charter.net)
Date: 10/09/03

    To: andy@neu.net
    Date: 08 Oct 2003 17:52:47 -0700

    On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 13:34, andy@neu.net wrote:
    > I have installed openssh 3.7.1p2, and it works fine. Then I built and
    > installed 0.9.7c into the default directory with the following commands:
    > ./config
    > make
    > make test
    > make install
    >
    > Everything worked without any errors, however when I use ssh it is still
    > using the old "OpenSSL 0.9.6b [engine]". The following line is debug
    > output when using openssh:
    > OpenSSH_3.7.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.6b [engine] 9 Jul 2001
    >
    > How do I get openssh to use the new openssl 0.9.7c engine?
    >
    > Please reply to andy@neu.net
    >
    > Thanks in advance....

    Remove the engine, you don't need it anymore--it's all included now in
    the main build. As a matter of policy, I remove the engine (rpm -e it,
    if on Linux) if it's there, and then install the newest and greatest
    OpenSSL (source, but use what you want). SSH will compile fine then,
    unless you have other problems.

    --
    Tim Greer <chatmaster@charter.net>

    • Re: SSH 3.0.2 wont install
      ... I have gotten openssh 3.1 to install and working ... Able to SSH in as any user from anyhere. ... # Kerberos TGT Passing only works with the AFS kaserver ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: hacked
      ... > I HAD a RH6.2 firewall/ internet sharing pc that was hacked recently. ... > unnecessary processes were turned off leaving only ssh (openssh 1.2.2-6), ... install aptitude", and use aptitude for package management. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Upgraded SSH Public Key Authorization on FC4 Not Working
      ... RY> It appeared that the default ssh that wsa installed by the FC4 ... I very much doubt the FC4 included OpenSSH ... RY> Since the FAQ pretty much dissed anything below version 2.20, ... the "better" software install at the current time was ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: installing openssh on AIX 5.2
      ... I was not able to solve then "PRNG not seeded" problem with AIX 5.2, so I updated everything to AIX 5.3. ... Now ssh is working properly. ... So I tried to update openssh, which I found required openssl, which I do not have installed. ... Rather than trying to catalogue all the permutations and problems I encountered, it might help if someone could tell me which packages to install, and in what order. ...
      (comp.unix.aix)
    • Re: trojaned SSHD ?
      ... I'd recommend moving to OpenSSH, which supports both ssh1 and ssh2 ... platforms, including Solaris. ... Information relevant to the installation of SSH on NCMIR systems. ... * Install Zlib 1.1.2 libraries, compiling from source, on Solaris and IRIX ...
      (Focus-SUN)