SV: 30GB file transfers using scp

From: Thomas Broquist (thomas.broquist_at_targian.net)
Date: 10/03/03

    Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 07:34:12 +0200
    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    Check for CRC errors on the interfaces. A few errors will cause a
    dramatic slowdown. I've had this problem with bad TP-cables and
    dirty fibers.

    Regards,
    .Thomas

    • Re: copying just / (not /tmp, /usr, etc) (rsync -x failed)
      ... just / to a new disk, which seemed to be what rsync -x ("do not cross ... Build the filesystem in the new disk partition with fdisk, ... but not the contents of those filesystems. ... The nice thing about rsync is that it's network aware. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Alternatives to sftp?
      ... SCP or Rsync over SSH. ... SSH for my backup's at my office. ... Better Management for Network Security ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: copying just / (not /tmp, /usr, etc) (rsync -x failed)
      ... just / to a new disk, which seemed to be what rsync -x ("do not cross ... Build the filesystem in the new disk partition with fdisk, ... but not the contents of those filesystems. ... The nice thing about rsync is that it's network aware. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Rsync dependencies
      ... Nop Network cvonnection is no rsync. ... it can only install the things it has on its disc. ... The times that rsync is often used is in a network enviroment. ... Maybe this kind of made up dependencies are a part of it. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Kernel SCM saga..
      ... We'd need a regenerated coherent copy of BKCVS to pipe into those SCM to ... It looks similar to a diff -ur of two hardlinked trees, ... worthless after using rsync in the network, ...
      (Linux-Kernel)