Re: Problem with openssh 3.7.1p2

From: Ben Lindstrom (mouring_at_etoh.eviladmin.org)
Date: 09/25/03

    Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:40:04 -0500 (CDT)
    To: Thomas Boernert <tb@tbits.net>

    If you have *LK* or whatever your platform defines as 'lock'. It will be
    honored as of 3.7.1pX series. Change your /etc/shadow entry.

    - Ben

    On 25 Sep 2003, Thomas Boernert wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > i'm using openssh 3.7.1p2
    >
    > my accounts on the servers have no passwords and
    > the accounts are disabled for login with password.
    >
    > i'm using ssh with key authentication.
    >
    > this works with older versions fine.
    >
    > with 3.7.1p2 i've the following problem:
    > i can't login, i get the following error on the
    > server:
    >
    > sshd[27072]: User XXXXXXXX not allowed because account
    > is locked
    >
    > i've tried UsePAM=yes and no.
    >
    > is there any solution ?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > -Thomas

    • Re: Disable everything except for a web site authentication.
      ... Give them a login script which checks machine of login and ... > We could take care of tightening firewall for traffic to these servers, ... > I shall check the policy of our domain for new accounts and their rights, ... >> Sharepoint grants are well administered. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Service Password
      ... The passwords for the service accounts are managed by ... get information protected by the LSA. ... > The servers are Windows 2003. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Outlook Web Access troubles
      ... When they input there user names and passwords it just returns to the login ... Also on the users verify on there accounts that OWA is enabled for them ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Cant login after changing from Domain to Workgroup
      ... Now I can't login to any accounts with all ... known passwords. ... System is Windows XP Pro. ...
    • Problem with openssh 3.7.1p2
      ... my accounts on the servers have no passwords and ... the accounts are disabled for login with password. ...
      (SSH)