Re: new openssh on openbsd 3.2

From: Mac Schwarz (mac.schwarz_at_humanscan.de)
Date: 09/19/03

    Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:21:35 +0200
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Roelf Schreurs wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I get the following error when trying to upgrade openssh to 3.7.1 by doing:
    > # cd /usr/src/usr.bin
    > # tar xvfz .../openssh-x.y.tgz
    > # cd ssh
    > # make obj
    > # make cleandir
    > # make depend
    > # make

    You need to apply the patch
    ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/openbsd3x_3.7.1.patch
    prior to building openssh.

    Have a look at http://www.openssh.org/openbsd.html

    "If you are installing OpenSSH 3.7.1 on OpenBSD 3.3 or older, you need
    the following patch"

    But there's another thing that's puzzling me: Which location in the fs
    should .../ be? . is current directory and .. is parent directory. But
    where's ...? I thought this was a typo after seeing it on the openssh
    webpage first but it seems not to be.

    mac