Solaris contrib pkg building

From: Mattias Larsson (mattias.larsson_at_lm.se)
Date: 09/18/03

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:44:37 +0200

    Hello all!

    I have a small problem here at work.

    First, an old standard here at work, god knows what reason we usualy
    have /usr/local as a symlink to other larger disk and this gives me a
    problem with OpenSSH's pkg creating script in Solaris.

    I create a pkg with the contributed buildpkg.sh and install that pkg in
    the other machines. Sometimes, only sometimes the pkg removes the
    symlink and installs itself in a new /usr/local, which is ONLY
    containing openSSH at this point.

    It does not happen in all systems and we (I) am working to make
    /usr/local as a own filesystem or at least not a symlink as it gives
    problems in other areas to.

    Does anyone know why this happends and if there is a way to get around
    it? I'd rather not install the source on every machine as they are quite
    many.

    --
    Mattias Larsson @ Unix,KTD,Dataservice
    Tele: 63(4617), Mobil: 070-6560660

    • do I *really* need xorg 7.x?
      ... Seems every time I try to install a pkg or make a port lately, ... but it is not a symlink. ... ING for the procedure to upgrade X.org related ports.*** Err ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • coreutils-6.10 released (stable)
      ... run a command like this: ... tr's case conversion would fail in a locale with differing numbers ... "make install" no longer attempts to install su. ... chmod no longer ignores a dangling symlink. ...
      (gnu.announce)
    • Re: Locales: en_GB.iso8859-1 has LC_COLLATE=UTF-8
      ... symlink to packages/, use GNU stow, and that's how I maintain ... - you can have apps with dashes in the names without ambiguity. ... (You still have to pick a name for the packages/ symlink, ... install. ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)
    • Re: pkgng suggestion: renaming /usr/sbin/pkg to /usr/sbin/pkg-bootstrap
      ... of pkg by the installer for a new system. ... I like the idea of also providing a self-installing package, ... anycase the bsdinstaller will end up with a boostrap dialog to install pkgng. ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: Reconfiguring a package and other questions.
      ... to install X. ... reconfigure pkg itself, not individual packages. ... but ports for libraries, input drivers and so on will be kept. ...
      (freebsd-questions)