Solaris contrib pkg building

From: Mattias Larsson (mattias.larsson_at_lm.se)
Date: 09/18/03

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:44:37 +0200

    Hello all!

    I have a small problem here at work.

    First, an old standard here at work, god knows what reason we usualy
    have /usr/local as a symlink to other larger disk and this gives me a
    problem with OpenSSH's pkg creating script in Solaris.

    I create a pkg with the contributed buildpkg.sh and install that pkg in
    the other machines. Sometimes, only sometimes the pkg removes the
    symlink and installs itself in a new /usr/local, which is ONLY
    containing openSSH at this point.

    It does not happen in all systems and we (I) am working to make
    /usr/local as a own filesystem or at least not a symlink as it gives
    problems in other areas to.

    Does anyone know why this happends and if there is a way to get around
    it? I'd rather not install the source on every machine as they are quite
    many.

    --
    Mattias Larsson @ Unix,KTD,Dataservice
    Tele: 63(4617), Mobil: 070-6560660

    • Re: [HEADSUP] pkg(8) is now the only package management tool
      ... install disks don't have pkg in the BaseOS.... ... department some day about whether they want to suddenly upgrade 300 machines ... the pkg in the release and doesn't upgrade itself without asking first... ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: [HEADSUP] pkg(8) is now the only package management tool
      ... install disks don't have pkg in the BaseOS.... ... department some day about whether they want to suddenly upgrade 300 machines ... the pkg in the release and doesn't upgrade itself without asking first... ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • do I *really* need xorg 7.x?
      ... Seems every time I try to install a pkg or make a port lately, ... but it is not a symlink. ... ING for the procedure to upgrade X.org related ports.*** Err ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • coreutils-6.10 released (stable)
      ... run a command like this: ... tr's case conversion would fail in a locale with differing numbers ... "make install" no longer attempts to install su. ... chmod no longer ignores a dangling symlink. ...
      (gnu.announce)
    • Re: Locales: en_GB.iso8859-1 has LC_COLLATE=UTF-8
      ... symlink to packages/, use GNU stow, and that's how I maintain ... - you can have apps with dashes in the names without ambiguity. ... (You still have to pick a name for the packages/ symlink, ... install. ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)