Prevent users from leaving home

From: Peter Koutsoulias (peter.koutsoulias_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: 09/18/03

    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:28:21 -0400

    Hi,

    Is there a way to prevent users from leaving their home directories when
    logging in via the sshd? I couldn't find anything in the configuration file
    so I'm assuming you have to run it in chroot to prevent users from seeing
    system files.

    Peter.

    • Re: Bind 9: Problem mit Logfiles
      ... In BIND 9, the logging configuration is only established when the entire ... configuration file go to the default ... So ganz verstehe ich das nicht. ...
      (de.comp.os.unix.networking.misc)
    • Logging error
      ... My application is using an external configuration file for logging. ... Our logger uses the db trace listener, unless there is a problem with the db, ... Logger error - System.TypeIntilizationException: The type initializer for ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
    • Re: [SLE] Problems logging in to KDE
      ... > I think that some configuration file has been corrupted and I hope someone ... > to log in the screen goes blank and I'm returned to the login prompt. ... > commandline login and then startx, ... prevents you from logging in. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Prevent users from leaving home
      ... Peter Koutsoulias wrote: ... > logging in via the sshd? ... I couldn't find anything in the configuration file ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Is it just me, or is there a reason for it?
      ... Amedee Van Gasse wrote: ... too much logging or too little logging? ... /etc/logcheck/logcheck.conf is the main configuration file. ... /etc/logcheck/logcheck.logfiles is the list of files to monitor. ...
      (Ubuntu)