OpenSSH 3.7 client truncates banner

From: Darryl Baker (dpb_at_dns.bl.com)
Date: 09/17/03

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:00:02 -0500 (CDT)

    I have my ssh spit out a long banner before sign on. Actually it is the
    one that comes from Titan. Yesterday in response to the openssh exploit
    of 3.6 I installed 3.7. Now the banner gets truncated when the new client
    tries to print it out. The old client will print it out fine from the
    new server and the new client truncates it from an old server. Any ideas
    on what to change in the source?

    --
       __                      _     __
      /  )                    //    /  )       /	     Darryl Baker

    • question mistake again
      ... i have a banner for example at www.xx.com and my site is www.yy.com.. ... i want to take ip number of the client who click the banner. ... i tried it but it doesnt.. ... www.xx.com 's server ip? ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
    • Re: IIS Banner Change?
      ... >> tells what version of IIS your running, FTP version, SMTP ... > to your server and tell your windows version from the response. ... Here's how to use URLscan and also other things you may want to consider. ... Exchange server banner is not likely to be very useful to increasing your ...
    • Re: Change SBS 2003 Exchange 2003 logon banner
      ... Changing the SMTP Banner ... Role: Exchange Administrator ... By default, when connecting to the SMTP service on an Exchange server, the ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Chnge reported web server type
      ... On our IIS servers it is reporting the following: ... You can use urlscan to change reported server ... Exchange server banner is not likely to be very useful to increasing your ... TELNET yourcomputername 80 [the web server banner] ...
    • Re: Can I prevent the ssh client from silencing banner in interactive mode?
      ... A client can suppress the banner. ... If you control the client, compile out the options. ... It contains i when the shell is interactive. ... Be a tricky admin and make `ssh` a script that extracts the user's program arguments then calls the real ssh in a controlled manner. ...
      (SSH)