A quick question on using SSH

Date: 09/08/03

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:38:15 +0800

    Can we setup SSH such that only SCP is allowed, but denying SSH client and
    SFTP client access by a SSH Client A to an SSHD Server B using OpenSSH ?

    Sorry, if I ask a stupid question.

    My initial thinking is that the problem can be solved by configuring B to
    response to SCP only, but not SSH nor SFTP.

    Pls shine any light.

    Pls also reply to me directly, as I normally don't read the SSH mailing

    This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as
    do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
    and affiliates.

      ... Correct me if I am wrong, it appears that ssh and gnupg has similar ... Do I have to send my public key to ... the other machine (ssh client) and likewise do the same thing get a copy ... Is the passphrase function here same as in gnupg that if you have ...
    • Re: Using public key pair to authenticate
      ... I deliver support for the F-Secure SSH products and have this question ... The best thing to do would be to convert the public key into ... Copy the converted public key over to the SSH Server and place it ... into a tar file and untar them onto the SSH Client ...
    • Re: SFTP Error
      ... The F-Secure SSH Client first makes a standard SSH connection to the ... server and then attempts to start the sftp-server with the user ... If your SSH Server is on a windows box then run the "path" command ... It works fine when I use the SSH Client. ...
    • Re: SSH clients and hiding passwords
      ... sending commands from my SSH client to a server. ...
    • Re: SSH commands to HMC
      ... on what machine are you running the SSH client? ... debug1: Reading configuration data ... Connection timed out ...