setting up SSH

From: Nadia Kunkov (nadiak_at_parkerglobal.com)
Date: 08/29/03

    Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:28:35 -0400
    To: "secureshell@securityfocus.com" <'secureshell@securityfocus.com'>

    Hi, I'm new to SSH. I've just installed Cygwin on my Win2000 workstation. My goal is to connect to it from Linux box and copy files from Linux to Win2000. I can connect to my windows box from Linux and browse the directories. But I need to set up and automated file transfer and therefore public and private keys.
    I think my set up is not complete/correct.
    When I run ssh localhost on my win2k I see a message:
    Cannot create directory /cygdrive/h/username: no such file or dir
    Well it's looking at h drive and I need it to look at c drive. Where do I change that? Also, the authorized_keys file should reside in my home directory, will that be /cygdirve/c/username/.ssh?
    It also says that user name or group hasn't been setup correctly. What should I do to set it all up?
    Thanks in advance.
    N.K.