ssh hangs

From: Ankit Doshi (ankit_at_net4nuts.com)
Date: 08/26/03

    Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:45:28 +0530
    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    Hello,

    I am using ssh client (version openssh-clients-2.1.1p4-1) to connect to a remote ssh server. When I fire the command

    ssh remotehost -l username -v

    it prints the following information and then hangs, doesn't go ahead of this !!

    debug: Got SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY.
    debug: keytype ssh-dss
    debug: keytype ssh-dss
    debug: keytype ssh-dss
    debug: Host 'wox' is known and matches the DSA host key.
    debug: bits set: 528/1024
    debug: len 55 datafellows 0
    debug: dsa_verify: signature correct
    debug: Wait SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS.
    debug: GOT SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS.
    debug: send SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS.
    debug: done: send SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS.
    debug: done: KEX2.
    debug: send SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST

    On the server side, if I run the sshd in the DEBUG mode, it goes till

    debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
    debug1: KEX done

    It seems that on the SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST doesn't reach till the server.

    Can you tell me where is the problem and what would I need to change to rectify the same??

    Waiting for reply,

    Ankit DOSHI