ssh hangs

From: Ankit Doshi (ankit_at_net4nuts.com)
Date: 08/26/03

    Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:45:28 +0530
    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    Hello,

    I am using ssh client (version openssh-clients-2.1.1p4-1) to connect to a remote ssh server. When I fire the command

    ssh remotehost -l username -v

    it prints the following information and then hangs, doesn't go ahead of this !!

    debug: Got SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY.
    debug: keytype ssh-dss
    debug: keytype ssh-dss
    debug: keytype ssh-dss
    debug: Host 'wox' is known and matches the DSA host key.
    debug: bits set: 528/1024
    debug: len 55 datafellows 0
    debug: dsa_verify: signature correct
    debug: Wait SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS.
    debug: GOT SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS.
    debug: send SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS.
    debug: done: send SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS.
    debug: done: KEX2.
    debug: send SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST

    On the server side, if I run the sshd in the DEBUG mode, it goes till

    debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
    debug1: KEX done

    It seems that on the SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST doesn't reach till the server.

    Can you tell me where is the problem and what would I need to change to rectify the same??

    Waiting for reply,

    Ankit DOSHI

    • Rsync problem
      ... In our Institut i was able to use rsync with ssh for backup my data from PC to linux server. ... debug: SshAuthMethodClient/sshauthmethodc.c:85: Added "keyboard-interactive" to ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Gesucht - Virensoftware die funktioniert
      ... Server specifications ... - winmsd output from the OSCE server ... To turn on the server debug program: ... Setting window appears 3. select the Enable debug log check box. ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.exchange2000.general)
    • Re: ssh with keys problem from Solaris
      ... PP> setting up ssh with keys, but it is not working yet. ... OpenSSH-derived server; are you sure you have the key formats correct? ... compression none debug: ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • failed root login with shared ssh key
      ... Some maintenance on the servers that requires root is run from a master server ... which connects to run the commandvia SSH. ... debug from SSH session ... debug: Remote: RSA authentication accepted. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: ssh as non-root user
      ... The server is reporting the following to the client: ... server offers auth methods ''. ... debug: ... Unauthorized access or use of this computer system may subject violators to ...
      (SSH)