Re: problem with X forwarding

From: Pupeno (pupeno_at_pupeno.com)
Date: 08/25/03

    To: Rajeev Kumar <rajeev@rajeevnet.com>
    Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:52:09 -0300

    Note, when I ssh with -vvv I can see this after I type the password:

    debug2: x11_get_proto: /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth list :0.0 2>/dev/null
    debug1: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication spoofing.

    Thanks.

    On Monday 25 August 2003 12:58, Rajeev Kumar wrote:
    > Make sure ssh was able to setup X11 tunnel. ssh usually have some entry
    > in /etc/sshd_config file.
    >
    > X11DisplayOffset 10
    >
    > which says how it is going to listen for X11 connection like in above
    > case it is going to listen at port 6010 (offset 10 from std X11 port
    > 6000). SO after you ssh to server then at server try one of this.
    >
    > telnet localhost 6011
    > (Looks like in your case it offset is 11)
    > see if this gives something like this.
    >
    > Trying 127.0.0.1...
    > Connected to localhost.
    > Escape character is '^]'.
    > ^]
    >
    > if not than there is a problem in binding this port, try some other
    > offset value, other than 6000. Also on machine A try
    > xhost + (I don't think if this is a problem as ssh X11 is little different)
    >
    > hope this helps to start debugging.
    >
    > Rajeev
    >
    > Pupeno wrote:
    > > I don't know if this is the right list to post about this problem, but
    > > I'm reaching the desperate state.
    > > I'm ssh from computer A to computer B, running a X application in B
    > > expecting to be shown in A's X server.
    > > X forwarding is enabled in both computers, A and B in both,
    > > /etc/ssh/ssh_config and /etc/ssh/sshd_config.
    > > But when I run the application a get this error:
    > > _X11TransSocketOpen: socket() failed for tcp
    > > _X11TransSocketOpenCOTSClient: Unable to open socket for tcp
    > > _X11TransOpen: transport open failed for tcp/localhost:11
    > > Error: Can't open display: localhost:11.0
    > > Do you have any idea of what may happen ?
    > > In A, I was able to connect when I was running Ark Linux, the problem
    > > appeared when I installed Gentoo so, I may say, the problem is in A since
    > > B didn't suffer any deep change.
    > > Any clue would be nice.
    > > Thanks.
    > > --
    > > Pupeno: pupeno@pupeno.com
    > > http://www.pupeno.com
    > > ---
    > > Help the hungry children of Argentina,
    > > please go to (and make it your homepage):
    > > http://www.porloschicos.com/servlet/PorLosChicos?comando=donar

    - --
    Pupeno: pupeno@pupeno.com
    http://www.pupeno.com
    - ---
    Help the hungry children of Argentina,
    please go to (and make it your homepage):
    http://www.porloschicos.com/servlet/PorLosChicos?comando=donar

    • Re: [SLE] export DISPLAY and xhost +
      ... >>impression that remote X using DISPLAY travels over ssh just because you ... > X11 and TCP forwarding ... the connection to the X11 display is auto­ ... and the connection to the real X server will be made from the ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: probleme mit ssh
      ... waehrend das entfernte System der Server ist. ... und dein lokales Display der Server. ... DArum brauchsts bei SSH ... SSH hat das fuer X11 aber bereits ...
      (de.comp.os.unix.networking.misc)
    • Re: X client forwarding
      ... The ssh client on A needs to know what X server to connect to. ... things break too if you do it, and there is no reason to do it. ... ssh cannot ask for X11 forwarding unless it's ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Suns mess up with ssh - any solution for me?
      ... > If you're forwarding X11 through ssh, you don't want to do this. ... patch 118305-04, which I installed by the downloading the reccomended ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: Suns mess up with ssh - any solution for me?
      ... > If you're forwarding X11 through ssh, you don't want to do this. ... patch 118305-04, which I installed by the downloading the reccomended ...
      (comp.sys.sun.admin)