Re: SSH accepts protocol version 1.99

From: Ben Ricker (bricker_at_wellinx.com)
Date: 08/19/03

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:58:53 -0500

    Allow sftp? That works on SSH 1.x, if I am not mistaken.

    Ben Ricker
    Wellinx, inc.

    On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 15:45, Bennett R. Samowich wrote:
    > Greets,
    >
    > During an audit we discovered that our SSH daemons allowed protocols
    > 1.99 and 2.0. We have the line "Protocol 2" in the config file which I
    > thought would cause sshd to only allow protocol 2.0.
    >
    > Is this true or am I missing something else?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > - Bennett

    • Re: SSH footprint
      ... For OpenVMS systems, audit is the key to that. ... the user SSH did a remote login, instead of displaying the real user. ... Both DECnet and ssh ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: SSH footprint
      ... For OpenVMS systems, audit is the key to that. ... the user SSH did a remote login, instead of displaying the real user. ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: SSH footprint
      ... For OpenVMS systems, audit is the key to that. ... says that the user SSH did a remote login, ... We use Multinet 5.0 and in our SYLOGIN.COM the check looks like: ...