sftp and last modified timestamps

From: Jeff Barrett (JBarrett_at_sawyermedia.com)
Date: 08/14/03

    Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:24:33 -0700
    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    Can sftp-server set the modify time of a file on it's system? At the moment, the only hackish solution I've come up with is using the !touch in the sftp client, which is less than desirable.

    Version 4 of the sftp working draft seems to indicate that this is version 4 functionality. Can anyone confirm this?

    If a version4 compatible server is required, how do I find out what version I'm running? sftp-server doesn't seem to accept any arguments to this effect.

    In a related thread, this post http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=secure-shell&m=101789229920348&w=2 seems to imply that at least some file attributes are copied from a source file and set on a remote file after file transfer. Testing showed that this does not preserve the modified timestamp. Should it?

    thanks,
    +jeff

    The information in this email and subsequent attachments may contain confidential information that is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). This message or any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed, or retained by any person without the authorization from the addressee.