Re: 3.6.1p2 problem on HP-UX 11.0

From: Logu (
Date: 08/08/03

    To: "Marty Hoff" <>, <>
    Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:45:07 +0530

    > I'm trying to compile OpenSSH 3.6.1p2 on HP-UX 11.0 and I get through
    > the configuration portion just fine. However, when I go to compile, I
    > get the following:
    > (cd openbsd-compat && make)
    > cc -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/openssl/lib -I. -I.. -I. -I./..
    > -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/openssl/include -D_HPUX_SOURCE
    > bsd-arc4random.c
    > cc: "../openbsd-compat/bsd-misc.h", line 72: error 1711: Inconsistent
    > parameter list declaration for "utimes".
    > *** Error exit code 1

    There is bug in configure. So edit config.h file to define utimes, which may
    be undefined by the configure script.

    • Re: gcc pointer equality bug?
      ... I've submitted bug reports against gcc: ... compile time, then there is no optimization to perform. ... The standard language gives four cases for pointer equality. ... Adjacent sub-objects in the same array ...
    • Re: Pedants
      ... it was a genuine bug. ... no reason to assume that gcc-specific headers will compile with any ... If some gcc-specific header didn't compile with gcc, ... general container library for instance. ...
    • Re: automated test? (was Re: Linux
      ... a bug report may not convey the hint "look at this NOW, ... what I was intending with my origional question was a series of simple 'does it compile' tests that try all the config options that are affected by the patchset in question. ... obviously such a test can't be done on the huge -rc patches, but for -stable patches ... Given a patch that modifies file X is it possible to know what config options could be affected? ...
    • Re: Mystery Access VB bug
      ... one of the things that triggers this corruption is editing the module ... Your code runs, and hits a bug. ... the text version of the code visible in your editing window, the Compile ... > would get if I had a missing reference. ...
    • Lcc-win32 infos diffusion
      ... ALL and next too (bug ONLY on Win9x/Me, NOT other Windows ... When Lcc compile a source code it insert some bytes after ...