Re: Cannot ssh from one box to another

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 08/05/03

    Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:21:09 +1000
    To: bricker@wellinx.com

    Ben Ricker wrote:
    > I keep getting the following errors when tryin to ssh from a 3.1 to a
    > 2.9 openssh box running on SOlaris 8. These boxes are talking over a VPN
    > and the IP is NAT. I can attach to other NAT addresses on the same
    > subnet, but this one just will not do it.

    OpenSSH 2.9 (3.1 too, if that's OpenSSH) is quite old and has known
    security (and interop?) issues. Can you reproduce your problem with a
    current version (3.6.1p2)?

    [snip]
    > debug3: key_read: no space
    > debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----END'
    > debug3: key_read: no key found
    > debug1: identity file //.ssh/id_dsa type 2

    Was there a big pause at this point? If so, it's possibly an MTU-related
    timeout, see:
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=102413585608801

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: Help - OpenSSH client failing on NAT where ssh.com gui client works???
      ... >Speedstream residential NAT DSL router. ... >Now the real kicker is that if I try to login using SSH Communications ... the experience usually comes from bad judgement. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: need rhosts rsa help
      ... >I'm having problems getting RhostsRSAAuthentication working on OpenSSH ... It appears from the client log that it's not even attempting ... Since you're using SSHv1 you need to make the "ssh" binary setuid root ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: no publickey auth with OpenSSH_3.7.1p2 and HPUX11i
      ... but the same error: ssh not use the publickeys and prompt for password :-( ... With the same environment (HPUX11i, OpenSSL 0.9.7x, HP C Compiler, OpenSSH ... > Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: password check aix
      ... >we're using AIX on RS6000 and openssh. ... >ssh doesn`t check if the password is expired! ... this is expected to be addressed in the next release of OpenSSH ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: OpenSSH on HP-UX 10.20
      ... > Can someone tell me which SSH release I could use and any other hints? ... OpenSSH 3.8p1 has been reported to work on 10.20, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)