Re: Cannot ssh from one box to another

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 08/05/03

    Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:21:09 +1000
    To: bricker@wellinx.com

    Ben Ricker wrote:
    > I keep getting the following errors when tryin to ssh from a 3.1 to a
    > 2.9 openssh box running on SOlaris 8. These boxes are talking over a VPN
    > and the IP is NAT. I can attach to other NAT addresses on the same
    > subnet, but this one just will not do it.

    OpenSSH 2.9 (3.1 too, if that's OpenSSH) is quite old and has known
    security (and interop?) issues. Can you reproduce your problem with a
    current version (3.6.1p2)?

    [snip]
    > debug3: key_read: no space
    > debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----END'
    > debug3: key_read: no key found
    > debug1: identity file //.ssh/id_dsa type 2

    Was there a big pause at this point? If so, it's possibly an MTU-related
    timeout, see:
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=102413585608801

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)