scp only , no ssh

From: Asif Iqbal (iqbala_at_qwestip.net)
Date: 08/01/03

    Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:09:08 -0400 (EDT)
    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    Is there a way I can setup a user to be able to scp to a remote host but not
    allowed to ssh ?

    --
    Asif Iqbal
    http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8B686E08

    • Limiting scp access
      ... I'm trying to setup a secure replacement for an ftp server where a ... limited set of users should be able to connect using scp only while the ... using ssh, but how do I prevent regular users from logging in via ssh at ... The idea is to setup a server which is available from the Internet for 1 ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Is SSH worth it??
      ... > We would be using SSH and SCP. ... SCP for automated scripts. ... > client will not be prompted for a password. ... remote machine, but imho it is better to swap client+server and give ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: SSH through wireless router
      ... When you say that I should try ssh ... Connection closed by remote host ... When I went to sshd to port 2222: ... debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA ...
      (Debian-User)
    • RE: SCP and MVS data sets?
      ... SCP and MVS data sets? ... Is it possible that the open function is different in SCP? ... You can also do the following weirdness to use ssh to copy a z/OS legacy ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: Syslog over SSH
      ... I believe I have figure out my ssh tunnel problems, however, I am still ... I have setup public key encryption to keep from having to ... directly using syslog and changed the configuration to test with SSH ... to bind to the syslog port) ...
      (RedHat)